View Single Post
Old 03-24-14, 11:18 AM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Others have given great advice so I've got nothing really to add other than I'm glad you found this forum as the encouragement, support and information are some of the best you will find online.

I was unemployed for a year and I rode my bike 4000 miles in 2013 as a result of the free time. I managed not to gain weight while stressed out due to unemployment but I also didn't lose it despite all the riding...thus what @TrojanHorse says is true...riding itself is not a magic weight loss solution. Now that I am back to work and commute in So Cal traffic 37 miles each way (meaning I'm in traffic for on average 1 hour each way sometimes a bit more and sometimes a smidge less)...I have gained a few pounds because my riding during the week has been severely curtailed. I bought a trainer but have yet to USE it.

Keep us posted and ask questions. The folks here love to help others on their journey.