View Single Post
Old 03-27-14, 01:47 AM
roadandmountain
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You're not making much sense here at all.

Yes, a used car dealer will repair any obvious damage, esp. the types of problems you mentioned. There's a difference between a used car dealership and a junkyard.

Like OP, I don't see how your used car analogy informs us about the bike buying process. In fact, your comments regarding damaged vehicles are both grammatically incorrect as well as incoherent.

You seem to be trying, in a clumsy fashion, to argue that the buyer has no recourse and the seller no culpability whatsoever. This is factually incorrect as the OP himself told you.

Please read more carefully and edit your post for coherence before clicking "post."

Originally Posted by bghill1
OK I see I have to jump in and expalin my earlier post, Buyer Beware. You bought a used RENTAL bike. The shop offered SERVICING of the bike, not REPAIR of the bike. They probably pumped up the tires, played with cable adjustment to get it a good as possible, lubed the chain and got it out the door.

The fender issue could have happened when they took it off the bike stand and threw it in a disply rack and it got bent. Brake pads rubbing on the rim is most likely due to bent rims commonly found on low - mid range bikes. The skipping gears sounds likely to be a worn cassette and would require new parts.
Ever bought a used car from a car dealer? Did they repair torn seats, cracked windshields, new tires because limited tread left, top off the washer fluid, empty the ashtray.......?