View Single Post
Old 03-27-14, 08:42 AM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked 724 Times in 371 Posts
Originally Posted by needmoreair
That makes no sense at all. What does it matter if you're sprinting against 10 or 100 if you're so gassed from silly attacks that you can't actually contest the sprint?

If you guys are serious about racing and serious about upgrading, then you have got to stop deluding yourself into thinking you're doing anything with these attacks but wearing yourself out and sabotaging your races.

Don't put your nose into the wind until the last 200 meters. That's how you place, that's how you get the points, that's how you upgrade. There are no points for leading the most laps or putting down the fastest attack. It's only about crossing the line. That's it.

There is no "culling the herd" to improve your odds. Again, that's just silly. You're just messing up your own race.
Sprinting against 10 people is a heck of a lot easier than sprinting against 100.

I've placed well in a number of races because no one pushed the pace on the hills, leaving my fat ass in the race to sprint at the end. Make the race harder and people like me aren't left hanging around.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.