Old 03-30-14, 08:38 AM
TechieTechie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Roll, thanks for the note. I have no real desire to do real touring (with panniers or randonees) but I would hope to ride a century this year (at least a metric). So I think a true touring bike (with the relaxed geometries) are probably not for me. But a crit racing or tri bike geometry is probably not right either...somewhere in between. But you are absolutely right about the wheels...I will likely splurge for a custom wheelset on the new bike.

The fast will come eventually...the Ironman was my last 'milestone birthday' goal, but I tore a bunch of ligaments in my ankle during my run training (due to a congenital defect in my foot). I assume I will likely 'trade up' before I get to that goal, which is probably another 5 years out.

And folks, simmer down about the bike weight limits. Of course I would check this out before purchasing and choose the correct bike. I'm not stupid. And I don't plan on buying a high end carbon frame where most of the weight limits resides.

Mods, given that I can't PM you, if you see this, please move this over to the Clydesdale forum before I get char-roasted.

Last edited by TechieTechie; 03-30-14 at 08:42 AM.