Old 03-30-14, 09:57 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4242 Post(s)
Liked 1,342 Times in 931 Posts
Originally Posted by lopek77
I didn't say I love it or I hate it. All we need to do is to give the guy our honest opinion. The biggest issue that creates negative feedback will be in the name of the thread - My newly designed (awesome) bike tool - feedback welcome!!.
You dumped on chaadster for providing his "honest opinion".

(chaadster's criticisms make more sense than what you liked about it.)

II would buy it as a gadget or for a gift if it was more universal in design. It's NOT a useless tool set. Don't understand why folks are so angry about someone like the OP. Not every idea will work out, but I see it as a good start. I always take my phone AND my bike tools with me...
It's a gimmick (and a waste of money).

It's a bad phone case. That it's a bad phone case makes it a not very good tool kit. The fact that it's tied to a particular phone model makes it a waste too. Also, you are either stuck carrying your tools with you always or having to install/remove your phone into/from the case for every ride (which seems very fiddly to me). A "more universal" design would make it too big in some cases.

There isn't any compelling reason to associate a bicycle tool kit with a phone.

The "pedal" wrench is close to useless (and not needed by pedals that use allen keys). If your pedals keep falling-off, then carrying a pedal wrench isn't really the way to deal with that odd problem.

The "axle" wrench is close to useless too because you need two of them (since there are two cone nut sizes and you can't really adjust a hub without two wrenches).

I always take my phone AND my bike tools with me...
Do you carry your bike tools when not bicycling?

You already (presumably) carry tools and your phone on a bike ride without this particular thing. So do many other people. This does what people already do in a worse way.

Last edited by njkayaker; 03-30-14 at 10:30 AM.