Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by lenA
If you're interested my success and how my specific WOE may improve the quality of your life or someone else is in a similar situation, I'll be happy to discuss how it came together for me and so will others.

Why do you feel compelled to turn it into a debate? It's OK, couple of paragraphs in a forum aren't going to bring about anyone's demise.
This is a movement that has been growing for decades and now there are tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people who have adopted this way of eating... the "weirdos" here are just a small handful of people that can sit here and say that it does have great benefits.

I see it as a more ancestral way of eating where things are made from scratch and where your foods are raised and grown as they used to be, sustainably and ethically.

I spent the day with my aunt yesterday and she is soon to be 84 years old, she says she does not feel old and the only medication she takes is synthroid to treat a hypo-active thyroid and she has been taking this since her 40's when the condition became debilitating, proper supplementation restored her health quite quickly. She said her doctor told her he wished that everyone was as healthy as she is now, she is truly remarkable although there are many like her who continue to live active and healthy lives well into their eighties and nineties.

She said the dances she goes to every week are not like they used to be as many of the men have passed away... this is just how it is everywhere.

She has spent her life on the farm and for over 60 years was up before dawn every day and worked long after everyone else had gone to bed to prepare for the next.. she said no-one could ever get fat in their house regardless of how much they ate because you worked too damn hard... farming is hard work.

They raised their own beef, pork, and chicken and had a small commercial dairy and had so much extra cream she started selling her extra butter and remember how she would make home-made ice cream.

A lot of wild meat also made it to the table as the land is full of deer and without hunting they'd over-run things and high fences still protect the garden areas from their pillaging.

They have excellent land with good water and this makes good beef, now they rent it out as my aunt says although she could still run that mile to bring in the cows she just doesn't want to and that rental income keeps her comfortable. She used to walk to the country store which is a mile through the bush on a well worn path... it was also the post office until it finally closed down some years ago as most people just drive to town which is 15 miles away.

She keeps a big garden and they do raise enough beef to keep everyone's freezer full, she misses the dairy only because of the butter and cream and they used to keep their own bees as well.

I hook her up with good local honey.

In some respects it was a very hard life but in others it has been a very good life full of hard work, fresh air, and food that came from your own land and at your own hands.