Old 03-30-14, 05:21 PM
scozim 
Ellensburg, WA

Bikes: See my signature

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked 457 Times in 160 Posts
Nice photos everyone. Kind of a cluster afternoon and no pics for me. I found out today the roads up in the hills/mountains behind us have been plowed out to get ready for crews to go in an plant trees to replace the ones lost in a wildfire a couple summers ago. I was stoked, pulled the Klein mtb off the wall, changed the front tire and headed up to the drop off point. I quickly realized the rear derailleur would only shift one gear and then wouldn't move. Grabbed the multi tool and loosened the cable at the derailleur. Once I determined it seemed to be jammed in the housing - probably an accumulation of grime/mud. I headed back to the shop to see if I could clean things up and get it to shift. No dice, just didn't want to work right. I grabbed a new cable and then couldn't figure out in my haste where the cable inserted into the Deore LX integrated brake lever/shifter. By then I was getting frustrated that I wasn't out riding. The wind was blowing hard which was why I wanted to escape to the hills. I ended up grabbing the Spectrum and going out to fight the wind for a brief 22 miler. While frustrating at the beginning at least I got a ride in and enjoyed some sun.

Last edited by scozim; 03-31-14 at 08:18 AM.