Old 04-01-14, 07:50 AM
Null66

Bikes: Built up DT, 2007 Fuji tourer (donor bike, RIP), 1995 1220 Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by abstruse
Thanks for the encouraging words and advice, that really means alot.
I just had some bad experiences with people making fun of me or not taking me serious because of my weight, so i'm a bit apprehensive to got to a shop.
Like the other day: in Holland you can get a tax reduction for buying a bike when you use it for 50% of your commutes. This is arranged via your employer. So i contacted HR that i was looking for a bike and asking if i could get a tax reduction. The HR lady didn't believe i was able to make the 30 km round trip bike commute. I finally ended up sending her a screenshot of my sportypal apps that states all my rides.
I felt so discouraged.
But i guess i just need to bite the bullet.

Anyone else with my weight have some good experiences with road/cyclo? bikes

p.s. i just checked out the Domane i really like it. Just need to sift through all the models......
What an unpleasant HR lady!!! Well, that or rather biased.

Glad you were able to show her proof!
I don't know the culture, but here that would be rather rude...

Hope that she was biased and you're showing her your data caused her to rethink things.

Regardless, Please re-think feeling bad about any of this. Please remind yourself that feeling bad is a way of discouraging your riding, but riding is a great way to be healthier... So on the contrary, something to feel good about...

If other people are buttheads, well, they have a problem with who they are...
It's easier to loose weight (if that's your goal) then to change yourself from a jerk to a decent human being.