Thread: Trek F600
View Single Post
Old 10-08-05, 11:23 AM
14R 
Bromptonaut

Bikes: 1994 Diamond Back Racing Prevail ti; Miyata 914, Miyata 1000, 2017 Van Nicholas Chinook

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
At this point in my life, I ride my Halfway aprox. 4 miles while in school. I am taking classes in 2 different departments that have nothing in common with each other (college of Medicine and Dept. of Biological Anthropology at the University of South Florida in Tampa, in case anyone feel like playing with google earth). Since I live in Orlando, I drive to Tampa and, once there, use my bike from AtoB. I come from an off-road background (expedition and adventure racing) and the transition from a SUV/mountain bike to a sedan/folder went very well as part of my adaptation to graduate school (4 years without a paycheck)

My only problem with my Halfway is that due to the cantilever front fork, I cannot buy a nice set of front wheels or customize the bike as I would like to (since the hub is unique and can't be replaced, acording to Ruchai - a forum member and owner of at least 2 halfways and the only person that gave me some nice info about the halfway before my purchase)

I am really happy with it. if I could replace the front wheel and make some metal parts black, maybe do some custom painting...I wouldn't sell it for US$2000.00. I can easly say that even counting when I was sponsored and racing, this is the bike that makes me the happiest ever.