View Single Post
Old 04-01-14, 04:45 PM
Aushiker

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker, Salsa Mukluk, Riese & Muller Supercharger GT Rohloff (Forthcoming)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by keyven
Don't the head mounts make the most sense? I mean, you're not going to swivel your chest or turn your bike if you see bike/car/etc coming broadside.

I'm sure they all have their own advantages, but a head mount - to me - provides the most flexibility and likelihood you will record everything you need before and after an accident. After all, a cam is pretty much useless if it isn't pointed the way you need it to be.
I have used both and now have both my cameras mounted to the bike. I haven't noticed any significant advantage of the helmet mount versus the bar mount and have actually settled on the bar mount. I may add a helmet mounted camera to add to the front camera down the track but at the moment the bar mount has been more than sufficient.

Also if you get involved in a discussion with a motorist the helmet camera is often to high to be of value. It only comes into play really to show head checks and on the downside it can show your head down a lot when riding.

Andrew