Mark Stone
Tractorlegs

Bikes: Schwinn Meridian Single-Speed Tricycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by tractorlegs
I'm a commuter (I usually post in the commuter forum here) and decided to sign up for Weight Watchers. Today will be my second day on the program. It seems very well organized to me in that it's not just a diet but there's a lot of information also. Since I've been commuting on my bike (about 6 months now) I've lost size (I don't know about weight, I rarely stand on a scale) and have gone from XXXL shirts to XXL, and I feel a lot better and am more mobile, however I still have a problem with food and want to understand it and control it better. Anyone else here use WW?
Well it's two years and two months since I posted the OP. I think with riding alone, from July of 2011 thru January 2012 when I started this thread, I probably lost 25 pounds. But I wasn't using a scale, I was just riding! My wife and I joined WW and my first weigh-in was 275. We stayed on the program for a year, and I lost an additional 45 pounds tracking. We used the on-line Weight Watchers. So there I am, at 230, with a 70 pound weight loss. We've maintained our weight loss for the year since then, but left Weight Watchers early 2013.

My conclusion is that Weight Watchers is a powerful tool that works, but it takes discipline and dedication. I think the most important motivation was that my wife and I did it together, which felt great and gave us a lot of accountability. I have 70 pounds of weight loss in about 17 months, and have maintained it for a year.