Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by cooker
What about Rowan getting a small motorbike or electric scooter to save fuel costs?
We've considered it, and it might be an option, but that's an additional cost too ... buying one, insuring it, etc.

Originally Posted by Roody
I would never try to advise anybody on such a personal choice. But for me personally, I have been more content living further from work, but in a locale that is convenient and pleasant. (But of course, I would never live so far from work that I would have to drive there.)

Right now I live a five minute walk from work, but the area is less pleasant for casual walks, and it's farther from the Rivertrail and other places where I like to ride in my leisure time. So I'm thinking about moving back to my old neighborhood, even though it's a couple miles further from work.
In our situation, our workplaces are about 32 km apart, so there are two of us to think about. Any way you look at it, one of us is going to have to drive because of the lack of bus service the further out you get.

But fortunately, all the areas we're looking at are nice. They're different ... they've got different characters, features, even climates, but they're all decent options.