Old 04-03-14, 06:19 AM
Mark Stone
Tractorlegs

Bikes: Schwinn Meridian Single-Speed Tricycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
Hi Sullalto, and welcome to the asylum we call Bikeforums. There's a reason it's a dot net lol -

1. I have a black Brooks B-17 and wear street clothes on my commutes, and they have not been stained. I also use a pair of white shorts in the summer, no stain there either. Side note: I don't use it any more because it's not comfy for me.

2. Another option, and I'm not trying to be flippant, is to use your current backpack that you said you already don't like - but instead of putting it on your back, put it in a coke crate. I have an inexpensive generic rack that I got over ten years ago (from Performance - it is their house brand, ran maybe $15.00) and zip-tied a Coke crate to it. It's as convenient as heck and not as complicated as panniers. It also doesn't look as good, I guess , if that's an issue. But it's easy when you go to work, just toss the backpack in the crate. Shopping? It carries 2 or 3 bags of vittles. Walgreens? Convenience store? Makes my bike easier to use in a utilitarian fashion. I'm not disagreeing with the "Pannier People" and not wishing to start a fight, just presenting another option. Picture: