Old 04-03-14, 11:53 PM
cvskates

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by CyclingSalmon14
On another note, what should I aim to be eating daily, calorie wise?
If you get one of the weight loss apps, like MyFitnessPal (and you can use the website in addition to or in lieu of the app), they have formulas to come up with caloric requirements for a desired weight loss.

I want to loose 2/3 Stone and currently eat maby 3000+ calories a day...
That's a lot depending on your energy expenditure. Use the apps to get your calories per day, but I'd guess you're going to be in the 1600 calories a day range if you want to loose 2 lbs a week.

What are good guilt free food?
Everything has calories - as others have said; stay natural. You can't go wrong with vegetables for snacks.

Something I can eat while I lower my calorie intake...my eating is more of a habbit than anything now
I'd recommend you read a couple books. I am far more motivated in my weight loss when I'm reading a book. I really got a lot from "Eat to Live", "Fat Chance", "Why We Get Fat and What to do About It", and "Wheat Belly". Also good, but less about weight loss is "Salt, Sugar, Fat; How the Food Giants Hooked Us".

As with everything nutrition related; you can't put out an opinion with out starting an argument (different tactics work for different people). What worked for me (50 pounds later) was a combination of MyFitnessPal (so I actually know what I'm eating), eating more fruits and vegetables, less refined or processed food, exercising (mostly biking 'cause I like it), and eliminating all wheat and most dairy (eliminated ALL of my food cravings). Your mileage may vary, and you may have to try a variety of things to work.

I find the nice thing about tracking your calories with an App like MyFitnessPal is it encourages you to exercise; you can eat more food and still loose weight.

so please help, what do you ride for?
Before I figured out how much easier the diet was with out the wheat, I used to tell people "I bike for Pizza." If I did 50 km on the bike, I could eat a pizza and still lose weight.

I started my [serious] weight loss journey at around 240. I'm 192 today, and hope to get down another 25 pounds or so (but I'll know when I get there, if that makes sense).

MyFitnessPal has a huge online support community, and as I'm sure you'll find; so does Bike Forums. My two warnings for you: 1. everyones opinion (including mine) is just that; an opinion. They may be based on fact, conjecture, experience, anecdotes, or a mixture there of. So take it all with a grain of salt. 2. There are people who both consciously, and unconsciously (and frequently unwittingly) want you to fail. I can't tell you why (I'm no psychiatrist), just be prepared to steel yourself against the "One doughnut won't hurt", and "You're thin enough.", and "but it's [insert holiday / special occasion], just have one _______".

Stay strong, good luck, and let us know how it goes and how we can help.