View Single Post
Old 04-04-14, 03:12 AM
LuckXIII

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rear wheel problem

It's sort of a silly problem that I guess I'm missing something since I'm new into the biking world, but anyways, I have an older Peugeot PE10 that was working fine until I had the rear tire and tube replaced. After the replacement, I noticed there was a lot of drag coming from the rear tire. I've checked the brakes, clean the bearings , hub, even thought it may have been a broken freewheel which I took off and cleaned out in preparation for a replacement. Just for kicks, I put the wheel back on without the freehub and I noticed that the problem was actually whenever I tighten the quick release skewer securely, it locked up the wheel and created the drag. If I leave it loose enough to spin freely, the wheel wobbles quite much, so much so that it easily rubs against the brakes even though I've released the tension off the brake cable during all my cleaning/repair attempts. I've double checked if everything was put back properly a few times over but the problem persist. Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC06009.jpg (92.3 KB, 36 views)
DSC06010.jpg (92.9 KB, 31 views)
DSC06011.jpg (90.1 KB, 32 views)
DSC06012.jpg (91.9 KB, 28 views)