View Single Post
Old 04-04-14, 08:59 AM
dstrong 

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Interloc Impala, ParkPre Image C6

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 56 Posts
SwampDude...that's pretty gutsy to ride the MS150 on a borrowed bike without really knowing the route! The route I'm taking starts from Katy TX, which makes the first day an even 100 miles. The second day is either 77 or 66 miles depending on the route chosen. I'll see how I feel when I wake up Sunday morning. The 77 mile route is very hilly for the first 30 miles then flattens out bit for the final stretch into Austin. So it technically will be either the MS177 or MS166 for me! I will certainly have cash available for the masseuses!

I was starting to get concerned about the ride until last weekend when I did 80 and 60 mile rides on Saturday and sunday. I felt pretty good at the end of both days so now I'm a lot more comfortable about the upcoming event. I plan to do 80 miles tomorrow and then maybe a recovery ride on Sunday and then ride one more time on Wednesday for an hour or two.

I was really happy with my legs and cardio...most of my concern was with some chafing problems I was having with my bibs...and I ended up having to get a new saddle last week too. That's a risky change to make this close to an event but it appears to all be working out.

2014 Specialized Roubaix2003 Interloc Impala2007 ParkPre Image C6 (RIP)