Old 04-04-14, 11:00 AM
Stevie95

Bikes: Hybrid: Marin Kentfield FS 21 Speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is there a unique story how you acquired your bike?

I am just curious how many people have a unique story or way they acquired or bought theIr bike.

Was it found in the trash? A gift from a friend or relative? Possibley passed down from a deceased relative who also loved cycling? Did you customize your bike that your parents bough for you as a teen from Walmart? Please share and include what your bike is.

My Long Story (nothing to special--more how I payed it off):

I am currently 18 years old in high school. In spring 2011 I bought my first nice bike, nice for me at least. I have a hybrid, Marin Kentfield FS 21 Speed for around $550-600. I overpayed a little but my intention was to buy a road bike buty parents who said they would contribute $150 but they pushed me to buy a hybrid because I would have my license soon and they thought I would stick with the sport for long. I proved them wrong. So October 2011 comes around and I am a huge Cardinals fan. It is the playoffs and you put your name in for a raffle for the opportunity to purchase tickets. It is the NLCS (next round is World Series) and we find out we could buy two standing room tickets for $50 each for Game 7 of the World Series! We are thinking what are the odds the Cardinals make it to the World Series let alone Game 7! We still had to beat the Phillies in the NLCS (which we did ultimately). World Series comes around and we play the Texas Rangers. One of the games gets rained out causing all the games to be pushed back by a day, Game 7 was now planned to be played on the same day my dad had his Vegas Trip... So I couldn't go to Game 7! We were left to sell the tickets for around $300 each or keep and I go with my mom...Hardest decison of my life, i decided to sell and I got to keep the money to pay off the loan I owed my dad for my bike...

So how ever you view it, I basically sacraficed the chance of a lifetime where the Cardinals won the World Series for the sake of my bike...