Old 04-04-14, 01:43 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by sd790
I hope you are not trolling...

if you are commuting by bike, I encourage you to take the time to learn the basic functioning of the bike. A chain coming off is about as simple as it gets. Learning the very basics will help you be self-reliant and you can also save a ton of money by learning basic maintenance.
2.5 years and 4200miles and never had a chain come off... ... I'm with you... but I don't think the o.p. is trolling. We ride in a tandem club. Some of the teams ride rigs that cost more than a year of our rent. They wouldn't know what to do with a dropped chain either. In a past life I leased a Turbo Passat for a year. On one of our early trips we got a flat. When I took it in to the dealer to get the flat repaired the mechanic asked "who put the doughnut on?". I told him I did. He hit the ceiling. He said "J.H.C! You could have been killed! Don't ever do anything like that again! Call roadside assistance, its in the lease package". I notice that roadside assistance packages are now being sold to cyclists too. FWIW.

H