Old 04-04-14, 10:59 PM
Walter S

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Disc Trucker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
You do get it! Life is temporary and precious. Everyone should concern themselves with life... and living. [When making an omelet] Don't worry about the mess created by a few left over egg shells.... turn your efforts first to clean hands and workspaces. First concern yourself with preventing salmonella when making an omelet.

Every year MILLIONS of humans go hungry... some starve. At the same time... millions of tons of food goes to waste. If we develop, utilize, and make cheaper the means to transport people and food.... millions of people will at lease get enough to eat. Todays technology means transportation requires fuel and trucks. The planet [Earth] will do just fine with the use of internal engines for a brief period. And so will the animals and plants that live on Earth.

But the very souls of those who can turn a blind eye to the solutions to human suffering.... are eternally harmed.
And of course people keep having babies in a world where death by natural selection is far more rare than population control by that means can be managed. Humans have outsmarted their genes and will now experience the consequences.

I'm going to make hay while the sun shines and hopefully depart the planet before we run out of fresh water and have way too much salt water. I think I was born at about the right time. Would not want to be a little baby right now.