View Single Post
Old 04-05-14, 01:22 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 310 Times in 218 Posts
Originally Posted by m_senjaya
Some 400 miles after my last post in January (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bic...l#post16372270). Since then I have upgraded the drivetrain to 9-speed Shimano Deore system: HG61 cassette 11-28T, chain, FD, crank, rapid fire shifters, V-brakes and levers. The upgrade was really worth it because I can feel the difference in shifting (much smoother and crisper). I decided to keep the old Alivio M430 RD since it can run 9-speed as well (or even better than it did at 8-speed, I would say). Around the same time, I started using trekking bar (Zoom), which I find very useful, relieving me from wrist pain in long rides (>20km). I changed the pedals to Wellgo platform since the last pedals started making crazy noise, but I had to go with white since my LBS didn't carry other colors at that time. And the latest update was the Selle SMP TRK saddle, a relief for the nether region
* my ride*

Your setup looks great.

Oddly enough, the thing I am most intrigued about from your photo is your lock and chain.

I've been looking a lot at various lock options I might end up going with, but am far from decided at this point, due to the trade offs between weight & utility, peace of mind.

So is your lock and chain a particular brand and how heavy is it?