View Single Post
Old 04-05-14, 11:07 PM
SA1148

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mercier Kilo WT Love!

I know there are already some threads about this bike, but I have read them all and find myself hungry for new content. I have been an amateur bicycle enthusiast the majority of my life but this is my first fixed/single speed. bike. That being said, I have just fallen in love with this bike! I think everyone should get one. I ride mine with the free wheel, typically commuting just a couple of miles. Although I do ride 15 to 30 mile rides on a regular basis and find the Kilo WT to be a great cruising bike! I live in the mountainous desert so the first thing I did was change the rear freewheel to an 18 tooth to make the hills more manageable. I then upgraded the headset to a sealed orbit XL by FSA. I had trouble finding a headset that fit the the steering tube, the crown race was a tricky fit. Bikes direct provided me with the best customer service!!!! I questioned them and they were a huge help, it made me want to buy another bike from them in the future. I then added a carbon fiber FSA seat post from Ebay, possibly a knock off but heck it feels pretty nice. Lastly I added a new saddle, some wellgo pedals, and water bottle mounts. Pretty basic, but I love this bike! I'm guessing I have about 500 miles on it and have only owned it three months. I would like to upgrade the tires, but i figure I will wear out the stock tires first. They really feel pretty nice to me! Then again I'm not an advanced rider. Please any other WT or mercier lovers post some photos and show the love!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo.jpg (51.6 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by SA1148; 04-06-14 at 06:55 PM.
Likes For SA1148: