View Single Post
Old 04-06-14, 03:05 PM
ps249

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Sirrus Elite Carbon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
I finally got to do my first 20 mile ride with this still new bike. Rides very quiet and extremely smooth. I find my speeds increasing over my older aluminum Giant hybrid. I can ride a good 19 mph with out any real effort. My older bike was around 17 mph with a little effort. The carbon takes very well to bumps- much more that I thought it would. The trigger shifters are in the perfect spot so you can keep a few fingers on your shifters and a few fingers on your brakes at all times. I am 5'11 and the medium frame is perfect size for me. Someone around 6'2" or so should test ride a large. For an all carbon bike - the $1,450 price range is a bargain. You can feel how light this bike is as you ride. The Escape RX composite really bridges the gap between a fitness bike and a road bike.The shifters work flawlessly- I shouldn't have any trouble with them. For a full carbon hybrid - I give this bike a rating of 5/5 stars. You really cant get much better for a hybrid.
You can also cruise a lot longer and faster with the RX compared to the heavier bikes. This hybrid is a speed demon.

Last edited by ps249; 04-08-14 at 12:32 AM.