Old 04-07-14, 09:31 AM
zymphad

Bikes: Super Cheap gc3 approved Bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Zero7
Sigh...just watched the video. What sucks is that if everyone was clean, Lance would probably still have won seven. When I saw him live at the Alpe d'Huez time trial, it was like he had another gear - he was that much faster than everyone else.

Cheers
I'm with you. Lance raced against dopers and he still had another gear over everyone. Even if Wiggins/Froume doped, which they may (have you seen Froume's cadence, it's twice as fast as his competitors on the mountains, that's suspect to me), they still wouldn't be able to keep up with Lance.

EPO/Testerone may have given Armstrong a boost to level the playing field against fellow dopers... But they don't magically turn him into superman. Their' just enhancers. Any of us can train for 20 years and take EPO and we still wouldn't come close to what Lance accomplished. EPO didn't make Lance's lungs twice as big as mine, nor his heart 9 times more powerful than mine. He is gifted genetically but folks have to remember, he was top level cyclist at age 14, arguable one of the best Triathlete. You can't ignore that Armstrong has consistently won Iron Man contests that he's competed in.

Also Lance's training was unlike anyone else. He did what no other cyclist in the Tour de France did before. He trained for the race. The same way runners train for their event. You don't see 400m runners just randomnly going out for 2 hour runs on the open road. They are doing interval training on the track, getting ready to race their event on similar conditions.
- Lance did the same. He trained on specific parts of the TdF that he knew would be in the race again and where he was weak. He was weak on the mountains when he was with Morola. He spent months before the race training in the Pyrenees. With other cyclists you just see them going on long aimless rides. Even Sky team just go for long rides. They don't do interval training or practice riding specific aspects they are weak on. Lance trained for the mountains and he trained for the time trial.

Doping didn't do that, he did that.