Old 04-10-14, 07:25 AM
Zheinrich7123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Installing Front Wheel on Track Frame

Hello all,

I know this sounds like a simple thing to do but I am having trouble installing my front wheel on my new frame. First off the frame is a 2012 Look 464 Track frame, so it is a decent quality track frame (hoping to get it on the track this weekend). The frame is drilled for brakes in the rear and on the front fork which is the original full carbon fork and steerer that was made for the frame. I believe I have a decent knowledge of bicycle mechanics, so posting this seems an quite embarrassing task.

Now trying to put the front wheel on the fork. I have put the wheel into the fork ends and started to tighten the nuts to secure the wheel to the frame. The nut on the right side comes to a complete flush close but the nut on the left side will not come completely closed because it is hitting the "lawyer lips" (what I believe they are called?). I do not want to over tighten the nut and ruin the fork end or something else. I did take this to a LBS and the mechanic said that the fork was designed to only accept quick-release. This is something I find hard to believe due to the fact that this frame is a true track frame and where quick releases are not even allowed in track racing. If anyone could enlighten me on this issue or let me know a solution to the problem other than changing the axle out for a quick-release it would be appreciated.

thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20140410_092038_917.jpg (80.1 KB, 38 views)