View Single Post
Old 04-10-14, 02:06 PM
JamesRL

Bikes: Fiori Roma, Currently building a Bianchi, Trek 330, formerly Monshee Nomad, Favorit, Bianchi Sport SX, Frankenbike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Bianchi would never have made a dog of a road bike like that. In any case, why would someone want to use this particular bike as the basis of a commuter? IMO the o.p. the bike, the poster vetting it. All are suspect. Yet another reason I don't think much of Craigslist as a source for bikes. I once wasted an entire day going to Portland to see a nice Spec. Allez. When I got there I saw this bike. It looked like a puppy.... its feet were way too big. Then I noticed the tires were 1-1/4 clinchers with schraeder valves. Then I noticed the brakes were uber cheap long reach calipers. Then I stopped looking and hightailed it out of there with my wad intact. Shudder... I don't know... weren't Bianchi's of that vintage, a particular shade of light green called 'Celeste'?

H

Not all or even most Bianchis were Celeste. It was reserved for mostly the Italian made higher end bikes, not the Japanese made lower end bikes.

But I look at a lot of ads, and I know the Bianchi colours and this isn't one, it is a decent repaint, but it is a repaint for sure.

The components don't look right for a Bianchi either.

The headtube badge looks offset.