View Single Post
Old 04-11-14, 02:38 PM
happybday29475

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jmikami, you're spot on with your comments. I didn't detail this in the workout summary above, but the hour clock starts with the sprints, after a half-hour easy warm-up. 2 or 3 of the sprints are 80% sprints, just warming up the muscles, and only 2 or 3 are full on. Obviously you have a good understanding of how long it takes to recover from these efforts and if one is disciplined it can be done in an hour.

My results of this protocol are that 20' and 1' are both about 5-10% below PRs...but again I am not sure that is important as what you're really looking for is trends over time. I do this about once a month, after a rest week, to see how things have changed. It certainly gets your attention after an easy week!

Though this workout is tough, I like that it gets all of the testing done at once and in a consistent fashion. And I like the trends through time that I am seeing...there are definitely observable and steady improvements being made. Now, if only I could step away from the buffet...

I guess I posted this to learn about what others do to track their changes in fitness...

Enough internetting, it's time...