View Single Post
Old 04-12-14, 06:54 PM
Gege-Bubu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
Of course a sensible action plan cannot hurt, but for the most part putting together a bike is really just about hanging the parts on the frame in some sensible order. You won't go too far wrong whether you start at the back, the front or the middle. I just let the spirit move me as to what goes on next. I like your idea of putting on the stay protector early. The crank and rear wheel can get in the way of that.

I do put the brakes on the fork after installing the fork, however. And likewise the pedals go on after the crank is installed. Bars go on after the stem is installed. That is because having less weight on the stem helps you to feel the proper adjustment of the head set bearings. Rear brakes go on just about anytime but always before the rear wheel to give your wrench as must freedom to turn in the tight space as possible. You need the rear wheel on before you can size the chain. Can't think of much else.
It make sense, thank you. Yes I know, if I put something in wrong order I always can take it apart, but here is my revised plan:

1. Run cable housings (internal cables)

2. Protective film on chainstay drive side

3. Headset bearings

4. Fork/Stem/Front Brakes

5. Rear Brakes

6. Handle bar, shifters, brake levers (TT)

7. Route and trim cable housing on the handle bar
7a. Inline barrel adjuster on FD housing

8. Run the cables

9. Bottom bracket/Crankset

10. FD and chain catcher

11. RD

12. Wheels/Chain

13. Seatpost/Saddle

14. Pedals

15. Adjust headset, brakes, RD and FD

16. Ride