View Single Post
Old 04-13-14, 04:34 PM
shovelhd

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bethel Zwadnie M45+, mid 60's, west wind, 11th place. It was so nice to be racing in decent weather as crappy weather plagued this series for the other six races. The west wind flipped the tactics around and made the back stretch the place to attack. I was pretty much free to do what I wanted to so I did everything I could to stay off the front. I followed a few moves that had one strong rider but nobody was letting "pink" get up the road today. With around 10 to go a break of 5 or 6 that had two strong riders started to open a gap on the headwind stretch so I attacked and bridged successfully. Three of us started working but the others just wanted to suck wheel so we were caught in a few laps. With three to go a small break of nobodies went and I had a chance to bridge again, but I was on the front, and that is not the best place to attack from so I sat back in. For the sprint I got on gsteinb's wheel while #3 in the series tried to shove me off but I would have nothing to do with it. We bumped and banged up the hill in the sprint, and blew past the break, but I ran out of gas after all that work and ended up 11th. I would have liked to make one of those breaks stick but it just wasn't my day.

Awards, podium photos, Pepe's white clam pizza and Moretti afterwards with the team. What a nice pleasant drive back in the new bike hauler.