Old 04-15-14, 04:08 PM
FamilyMan007

Bikes: Dream Ti bike to celebrate turning 70 - frame by Seven; Cannondale Synapse carbon Ultegra 3 (2015 model), Cannondale Quick SL-1 (2012 model- donated to a friend); Bianchi touring bike (1985 - Sold); Raleigh Super Course (1975 - donated to friend)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Wrap-up re Bianchi - vintage 18-speed touring bike

In appreciation of the advice from this forum generally, thought I would report outcome of attempt to sell.

Offered in Toronto, Ontario 'as is' (having mended front wheel with new spoke/trueing wheel/repacking grease; also replaced handlebar tape and polished bike) on Craigslist, Kijiji, PinkBike at $385 under a week ago.

Despite comments about challenges in selling an XL-size bike, got several responses already (CL most common source) - first person to try it (claimed he was 6'4") decided it was too short from seat to handlebar; second person to try it (also claimed to be 6'4") bought it - we agreed a price of $360.

Reflections on process:
~ what a wonderful resource this forum is - thanks for the advice re fixing the front wheel and re pricing;
~ My impression is that the Toronto market at this time of year is indeed 'hot', and that there is strong interest in a Bianchi bike even if XL-size;
~ I think I could likely have asked $425 and held out for $400 - but the whole process would have taken up more of my time (and who knows, perhaps I am deluding myself);
~ I am happy with the deal I made - The purchaser seemed to be someone who would appreciate the bike.