Old 04-15-14, 06:57 PM
BassNotBass
master of bottom licks

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smallwheeler
obviously, the dude in chuck plager's pic is an imposter.

i can confirm david byrne has been riding and touring with a montague for some years now. i have seen him several times on the west side highway bike path riding said bike.

i can also confirm that david byrne is an extremely cool human.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing... ain't no way there's DB in cplager's photo... what a cheeky bastard! And yes, David is one hell of an individual (been a fan since ~80 which grew when he did work with Bernie Worell and Lynn Mabry of the P-F conglomerate during the "Stop Making Sense" era) even though I saw an interview of him riding through NYC and I questioned his sanity due to his being able to tolerate (or ignore) a constant clicking from his bike's BB while pedaling (props to his white pants and bucks, BTW).

Originally Posted by wagonfanatic
Does anyone have experiences with Disk Brakes on the NWT? I've seen a few around, but have never owned a disc-brake bike...
I had disc brakes on various bikes and they have their pros for sure but as far as non-downhill racing bikes are concerned, their cost/advantages ratio isn't really worth getting stressed over. A well maintained set of caliper or v-brakes will perform beyond necessity in a touring situation in all climates and are normally easier to fix "while on the road" than discs.

FWIW there's no other bike I'd consider touring or taking overseas again than my BF NWT. It's simply awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNa0MbVil_A