Old 04-16-14, 05:31 PM
stilltooslow

Bikes: Guru Evolo R, Colnago Pista, Look AL 464P SS, various frankenbikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by europa
Look kid, could you calm down and think about what you're typing?
You jumped on your bike. You didn't bother to let your body warm up. Then you punished it ... and probably with poor technique from the sounds of things, and now you're trying to claim it's all part of being a tough fixie rider? Mate, that's not part of being a fixie rider, that's part of being stupid and complaining when people pull you up on it just underlines the stupid bit.

You would have got better results by saying: Boy did I get it wrong today. Hadn't ridden for a while. Hopped on the bike and didn't bother to warm up before really stressing things on some down hills. Note to self: Warm up THEN push hard. As for now, it just hurts.
"Kid"?? "Calm down"?? Who the **** are you…..my father? I was more than calm until I read your absurd response. "Tough fixie rider"?? When did I ever say or imply that? My whole point, intended to be light hearted and self deprecating, was that this is the price I pay for a bit of neglect, then over exertion. Yeah, it hurts. Always does when I start back up for the season. I figured some may share some empathy and a laugh about it with me. "Stupid"?? Yeah, whatever.

Look 'Pops', I've been riding fixed for nearly 40 years, have competed as a sponsored roadie in hundreds of crits and a handful of road races, worked for years as a shop mechanic, and still build bikes and wheels for a bunch of my riding partners. I know a bit about the sport. Save your pseudo avuncular attitude for your grandchildren.

Last edited by Dannihilator; 04-16-14 at 10:48 PM.