View Single Post
Old 04-17-14, 07:44 AM
MikeRides

Bikes: Trek 1.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Chilly is an understatement! We're back to the low 20s here in the northeast. I drove today,but only got 5 miles from my home before my car died. Quick diagnosis showed it was the fuel pump, so I just pushed it off the road and walked the 5 miles back to get my bike. On my way, I stopped at my car to grab my work stuff and left a note in the window in case someone stops(I doubt anyone will). The rest of the commute was uneventful, I seemed to warm up fast once I started pedaling. The wind was minimal and I zipped up and down the hills with no problem. Almost got right hooked by some little old lady in a Cadillac at the only red light I go through. Other than that, no issues, made it about 20 min late but my boss is understanding and I'll most likely make it up at the end of the day. I'll probably go to the parts store on my lunch break to see how much the new pump will cost(I'm estimating ~ $300). My car will probably be out of commission for the next month or two, since I have no idea when I'll have the time to replace it. So back to the bike!