Old 04-17-14, 12:47 PM
achoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ridethecliche
Looks like the guy tried to dive to the inside while you were right there. His line is damn awful and he almost flies off the course anyway. As far as fault goes, I think he pulled a bonehead move. You moved a bit going into that corner which certainly didn't help matters, but he picked a pretty stupid way to try to attack.
That's exactly what I thought when I first saw the video.

But the more times I watch it, the less sure I am. Ovoleg wiggles a bit on his line just a bit before contact. Did he wiggle because he hit the painted line and lose grip? Did he wiggle to miss the painted line? Did that wiggle affect his line? I can't really tell.

Doesn't a rider passing another rider have the obligation not to cut the passed rider off, especially not to the point of causing contact? I'm just not sure that's what happened here. It looks like either rider could have taken the turn easily had the other rider not been there.

And hey, he seemed to slow and looked back afterwards. I know when I find myself upright and hear crash sounds behind me I no longer look back.