Old 04-18-14, 11:15 AM
MikeRides

Bikes: Trek 1.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
How on earth are you able to maintain your Clyde status with such delicate eating habits?

I used to go to subway a lot but stopped when I found out what they were putting in their bread. if they put preservatives in their fresh, baked daily bread lord only knows what they're doing to that meat.

Well done on the pizza discipline though.
I actually lost my Clyde status last summer, I was only 230 when I started but badly out of shape. I'm still slow so I still lurk in these forums now and then. My biggest problem was a Pepsi addiction, I relied on the caffeine in that stuff for the energy kick. That and being extremely inactive. Working twilight shifts, classes/studying and sleeping during the day didn't leave much time for exercise.

I never thought about the preservatives going into the ingredients at Subway, but it's not alarming since all "cheap" foods regardless of where you find it, will have some kind of preservatives. Probably still healthier than whatever McDonald's passes off as food though. I quit eating there when I started seeing rat feces everywhere at my nearby McDonalds. It was disgusting, who knows how much was in the back area, I reported them to DOH and they did a full report and found it to be a clean restaurant - what gives? The excrement on the tables a floors didn't put up any red flags?