Old 04-20-14, 03:14 PM
LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11401 Post(s)
Liked 4,758 Times in 2,767 Posts
Same race as valygrl. 30th/80, or 75 or something. It sold out. The race was scheduled for an 8:49 start, so I figured to get in the staging 5-10 minutes before. 8:30, it already seemed to have half the field there. I lined up at the very back, and the first pass through the dirt was neutral. Slinky onto the pavement, and then settled in. Took a lap and a half to get to the front. We thought pushing the pace may help out our strong guys, so we had guys up there most of the time. Myself and a teammate pulled them around for 1/4-1/3 of the second lap. That last little hill took it out of me on the 3rd/last lap. The team didn't fare as well, and I was at the back of the lead pack. Lots of us in the top 30, but no real results to speak of. We'll work on that.

rapwithtom raced smart as heck. I never saw his nose in the wind, yet he was near the front the whole race.

The Federal Center is next week, and I look forward to that. 4 miles, 18 corners, and I may dip my toe into the 55+ race. I hope to learn, and also feel I have enough wits about me to get out if I feel I may be a hazard.