Old 04-21-14, 05:48 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18403 Post(s)
Liked 15,495 Times in 7,317 Posts
I just did part of the ACA's Atlantic Coast route this weekend. The maps do not go only north-south. They have turn by by turn cues for both directions.

Places to camp are well marked. Because of the big void of camping around and north of the Philadelphia area, you will probably end up staying at Dogwood Haven in Upper Black Eddy, PA, just off route from NJ. I stayed there this weekend. It's a little rustic and devoid of grass, but the owner is a nice guy. $15 for cyclists. And Milford, NJ has all the services you need, including a nice oyster house if you want to treat yourself to a nice dinner.

The route up the river from Lambertville to Port Jervis is fantastic. And much of it is car-free to car light. (There is a trail between L'Ville and close to Milford.) Further up, there is a nice campground along the river at Worthington State Forest near Delaware Water Gap, PA. Ask for the one group site with the bear box. There are a good number of bears up there. Here are some photos from last year's trip from Port Jervis to Philly (I stopped taking photos in Milford) with a detour off route to the Lakota Wolf Preserve.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davez2...7633368316419/

Send me a PM if you would like more info about this stretch. I am well familiar with it.