Old 04-21-14, 07:19 PM
gerv 
In the right lane

Bikes: 1974 Huffy 3 speed

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
All great ideas here. I glimpsed through these at work today, but couldn't put together a reply.

I do agree with #Machka 's suggestion that we avoid negativity... I also agree with #Roody 's suggestion that Bike To Work challenges aren't wildly effective.

I wouldn't expect this program we're discussing here to move any mountains either. But it might be a fun event and it might get people talking about our dependence on the automobile.

But #chewybrian 's comment rings truest for me

Is there a "car free day" along the lines of the Great American Smoke Out? A few people go the day without a smoke, and get the idea they could do without smokes. Maybe if a few people went without a car for a day, they'd see that life goes on without it. (I can remember a time when a day without a car seemed very stressful)

If there is such a day, it needs a better publicity man.
I'm hoping we can be the "publicity man" here, create something that could go viral... or at least could be picked up by someone and morphed into a useful idea.

Anyway let's try working together... pitch in ideas. No idea is a bad idea. Lurkers of the world... speak up!