View Single Post
Old 04-21-14, 07:58 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
Maybe, but every year my estimation of the probability that humanity will save itself shrinks closer to zero.

We have endless tricks to delude ourselves that we are doing something constructive about the problems of pollution and resource depletion. IMO, electric cars are one of those tricks we use to fool ourselves.
Can't really disagree, but, got to keep trying, just imagine, a battery/solar panel breakthrough... That would allow a car to drive directly off sunlight with storage for cloudy/nighttime driving, not a drop of oil used for the life of the car to drive it around... Yes, these electric cars are nowhere as good as most people hope, but every year they get better and better, one day boom, a barrier is overcome and presto, main problem solved...

EDIT Big oil sure in not going to rock the boat, we must invest our $ in what may change things, I could have bought a car almost as good MPG for $10,000 les, but I chose to invest in a technology that I hope will change things for the better, once mature... JMO

Last edited by 350htrr; 04-21-14 at 08:18 PM. Reason: expand on idea