Darth Steele

Bikes: 2013 SuperSix Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raqball
The 810 is a mess.... Never again!

I see a few claim they don't have the issues that are plaguing the 810. Maybe they are not using the features? Maybe they have a unicorn 810?

I don't use live feed but everyone I've spoken to says it's broken and does not work. Weather is broken and does not work. The training partner feature is half baked like Darth Steele mentions above.

The 810 is a disaster! I guess in all fairness, speed and distance work just fine... LOL

Understood.. I guess I just wish Garmin would fix the buggy / non working features before it's abandoned for the 1000...
I use my Garmin every day, I can truly say that a $100 cadence/heart rate/speedometer from CatEye would have met my needs.

I thought that the Garmin 810 was a serious device for hard core riders and their training...nope, that training partner is just good for average speed. And as others have pointed I have never been able to see the weather on my device. Also, save the money and buy the 510, the 810 mapping features are useless.

to beat a dead horse... you ride up a mountain at a high speed and coast down. The Garmin will treat it as someone that takes it easy up and pushes it on the downhill. Interval training/Hill repeats are not tracked very well on the Garmin since it only gives average speed (not per segment)