View Single Post
Old 04-22-14, 09:54 AM
2wheeldevildog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help! Any idea what this is worth?

I know....what someone will pay for it. My parents cant ride it anymore and I encouraged my dad to let some other lucky couple enjoy it. I know how much I love time on my Vespa that was sitting in someones garage collecting dust or riding the National Forrest roads in the NC mountains on my DRZ 400 that was also going unridden in a garage. THIS BIKE IS IMMACULATE! It was repainted by Rodney Moseman another custom frame bulider.
Here are some pics and details.

1981 Jim Redcay custom built marathon frame tandem. This bike is a classic filet brazed frame designed for a 6'5" captain and 5'7" stoker and specifically constructed for loaded touring by one of the premier American frame builders of the 1970s and 80s. The frame is Ishiwata chrome moly tubing (manufactured for Santana Cycles) with braze-ons for eight water bottles, fenders, front and rear racks, pump peg, all cable bosses and two spare spokes on the right chain stay. Top tubes are slanted and parallel for artistic symmetry. The bike was upgraded in 1996 by Rodney Moseman of Lititz, PA to accommodate indexed shifting, add bottle braze-ons and low rider rack bosses on the fork. Components include 48-hole Phil Wood Field Serviceable hubs laced to Velocity Dyad rims, Phil Wood sealed bottom brackets, Shimano Deore cantilever brakes, Shimano bar end shifters, and Phil Wood disk drag brake. Crank set is a Sugino Fuse 500 with 42 tooth synchronizing chain rings and triple drive crank set (20x36x46) and 8-speed XTR Shimano cassette. Front and rear derailleurs are Shimano Deore XT. Captain’s saddle is Brooks B-17 on Campagnolo Nuovo Record seatpost; stoker’s is a Selle Italia Royal Gel on Ascent 252 Suspension Seatpost. Captain’s pedals are Shimano M535 SPD and Stoker's are MKS platform with toe clips and straps. Bike comes with Blackburn front and rear racks and low riders and color matching Silca pump. A second Campagnolo Nuovo Record seatpost can be included for stoker saddle as well as an adjustable stoker stem and cow horn bars. A pair of brand new Continental Ultra Gatorskin tires, 700x28 are included.
Dimensions (cm unless otherwise specified):
Wheelbase: 169.9
Top Tubes (ctr-ctr) F/R: 57.5/62.5
Seat Tubs (ctr-top) F/R: 66/52.3
Seat tube ID: 27.2mm
Standover height at middle of top tubes: F/R: 91.5/87.5
Captain's Stem: 100 mm Cinelli
Stoker's Stem: 110 mm Custom Redcay
Bottom Bracket Height F/R: 27.5/27.5
Chain Stay Length: 44

Thanks for your suggestions.

John B.