View Single Post
Old 04-22-14, 08:01 PM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
there are a couple of threads about this subject in this forum, particularly THIS ONE.

I have gotten used to using my Garmin 800 on 200k's, but the upcoming fleche will be the longest ride where I cared about it functioning. My 800 finished the last two days of Endless Mountains in my drop bag since I couldn't keep it charged for some reason. Knock on wood, I haven't had a white screen in a while.

I have a friend with the new Touring model and he hasn't gotten the hang of it. Lots of lockups and white screens.

I think it works better if you only display maps sparingly, any comment about that?
I have the Touring Plus and run it always showing maps -- no lockups, no white screens, although I'm still getting the hang of it. It does seem to, even with turn-by-turn directions (including .tcx files I created myself on ridewithgps from my own routes while experimenting, where I know exactly where the route goes) sometimes want to tell me the wrong turn and then immediately after be all OFF COURSE, and I haven't figured out how to get custom cues to show up.