Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3884 Post(s)
Liked 1,936 Times in 1,382 Posts
Originally Posted by antimonysarah
I have the Touring Plus and run it always showing maps -- no lockups, no white screens, although I'm still getting the hang of it. It does seem to, even with turn-by-turn directions (including .tcx files I created myself on ridewithgps from my own routes while experimenting, where I know exactly where the route goes) sometimes want to tell me the wrong turn and then immediately after be all OFF COURSE, and I haven't figured out how to get custom cues to show up.
Wrong turn directions are either from having a messed up course point that makes the device think you want to turn the wrong way, or from not having the correct settings in the device. On a course, you want Turn Notifications ON and Virtual Partner OFF. Under System/Routing you want Calculate Routes for Bicycle, Guidance Method On Road for Distance, Lock on Road NO, Avoidance Setup: Do Not Avoid anything, Recalculate OFF.

I use OSM maps on my device, which works fine with RWGPS. AFAIK, you can't put OSM maps on RWGPS - it uses what it uses.

Last edited by Carbonfiberboy; 04-22-14 at 11:04 PM.