View Single Post
Old 04-23-14, 11:08 AM
hillcrawler

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
It just sounds to me like you need to exercise more.

Get some decent shoes and go for long walks.
Go on hikes.
Are there any walking or hiking groups in your area? If so, join them.

Join a gym and start working out. A good gym will show you how to use all the equipment properly.

Don't sit for more than 1 hour. Get up and walk around a little bit, even if it is just for 2 or 3 minutes. Walk or jog up and down stairs if you can.

And yes, you may hurt at first, but then after doing it for a few days, your body should get used to the exercise.
I am never afraid of hurting myself in a good way but you know I am trying to save my knees in the same time. Ok, I will take your words and be more active around the workplace. Walking long distance still hurts my knees. Never tried hiking but it would do worse than walking in my current situation. I am taking aspirin twice a day to get rid of inflammation if any. It feels much better already after 3-4 days since i've been taking aspirin.

What was so discouraging for me is that I rest for 3 weeks and last Sunday I tried a really short ride (only 5 miles) with %60 tempo and even though it was a pain free ride, after few hours pain started to come back and while I was trying to go into sleep I had a good amount of pain which seems to be coming from inside my kneecap, it felt like my femur and tibia rubbed each other and I had pain inside the joint. Terrible feeling. I have no choice but to rest more, do more stretchings and give it another go after a month or so.