Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,479 Times in 1,454 Posts
Originally Posted by jmikami
While this is very true, don't focus too much on that fact that we are all different. The same basic rules will apply to almost everyone ... and it can get complex when figuring out what is a general rule and what is a specific rule. I think it boils down to the basic 80/20 rule. 80% of good advice will be good for everyone; it is figuring out where you pull out the 20% to apply to only yourself that matter. Well that and sorting out the crap advice that only applies to maybe one person, there is a lot of that too.

Intervals ... good for all, which intervals ... that depends.
Strength training ... good for all ... how to do it ... well that depends.
Aerobic training ... good for even sprinters ... how much and how to do it, again depends.

We all have the same 3 energy systems to train and will all pull from all 3 in any event, even sprints and endurance road races.

I am looking forward to my winter off season and seeing what some additional strength training might do to me for my first go at the 45+ age group in 2015.
+1 Wow, I wanted to agree with jmi on a post and this thread has exploded and I am a couple of pages behind.

I like the simplicity of this model. And I spend most of my time on the ATP-CP and Lactate systems but I do aerobic workouts as well . I use strength training for core and upper body with very limited leg work.