Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by hillcrawler
I was doing my glutes stretching just now which needs my knees to be bent almost fully. After I did that stretch I slowly straightened my knee and heard a very loud clicking noise from my right kneecap. It was like crushing a tin of coke in your hand. It is the first time I hear that kind of noise through the kneecap. Does that mean there are some cartilage parts moving free between the joints and they should be taken out by an operation?
It means you shouldn't do stretches which require your knees to be bent almost fully (or fully extended either for that matter). But you would know that if you had taken our advice about joining a yoga class. Fortunately, it is not too late ... you can go sign up for one tonight.

It might also mean that you've been sitting around too much, and may need to get up and walk around the block.

But how on earth would we know if you needed an operation? There are, however, people who can tell you that. They're called surgeons. If you really think there is something wrong with your knees that more exercise to strengthen your legs can't fix. Go see a surgeon.