Old 04-24-14, 01:16 PM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Moyene, my perspective comes from a person who never did anything athletic at any point in her life until she was 55. That was when I started cycling, and that was strictly to loose weight. And, a proverbial gun had to be held to my head to get me to do that. How things change, and now I'm in my second year of racing at age 62. I have absolutely no basis on which to fall back on - I have no clue as to how I could have performed in my 20's, and hence no perspective. I've had to learn how to be a competitive athlete, and believe me, I'm not there yet! If it wasn't for the good graces of my coach (Racer Ex) and the other wonderful souls on this forum, I'd still be thrashing around. Or, more likely, I would have given up on racing and gone back to being a recreational cyclist. That thought does not sit well, believe me. It is truly great to have another experienced, reasoned, rational competitive athlete in our midst. Welcome!