Old 04-24-14, 01:49 PM
jmikami

Bikes: Veloforma for my primary.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
Imperfect is probably understating. It's essentially worthless.
Worthless is harsh, I would prefer to call it anecdotal. However I would also call Specialized claim of 2.6 meters in a sprint and 20 watts as anecdotal, although intriguing for sure.

Originally Posted by Racer Ex
Helmet testing requires you to test the helmet on you; what is best on one person can be the worst on another.
That is what I was trying to hit on. Thinking that you lost a TT because one guy had an evade and you did not is not something to worry about. Yes if he had aerobars and an aero helmet and you did not and lost by 20 seconds, it is very likely that you were beat by the equipment as much as the rider and you should get some better equipment in the future. And I agree a helmet might make the difference, but you shouldn't focus on that, focus on what you do have and do what you can.

That said, I worry about that kinda of crap all the time too and I am seriously thinking about getting an evade because of that exact reason ... so I guess I am just a bit of a hypocrite and ready to buy some of that cool-aid. Plus it looks so much better than the air attack to me.