View Single Post
Old 04-25-14, 08:38 PM
I like free

Bikes: Haro Escape Hardtail, 80's SR, 90's KHS Flite 500, Raleigh Revenio Aluminum 3.0, Raleigh Revenio Carbon 3.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by berner
There is a possibility it could be your saddle causing the pain. I say that because I have a saddle, no longer in use, that causes similar discomfort. I found that, for me a saddle with a very narrow horn works best. The saddle I no longer use is only 4 mm wider than the saddle that works fine. These two saddles are nearly identical Specialized models. By eye one cannot detect a difference and I'm amazed a mere 2 mm per side can make such a difference.
It may have been a saddle/reach issue. I flipped my stem and lowered the nose 1 notch on the saddle and the last ride seemed better. I don't do well at 1 legged drills on the road but I did try a trick another rider showed me. Count your pedal strokes but count on the weak leg. Just doing this tends to draw your focus to the weak leg and uses it more. I've only done it on 2 training rides so far but it seems to work better than the 1 legged drills for me.