Old 04-26-14, 07:48 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Had a run-in with a bad driver here in Whittier tonight.

So it's kind of annoying/amusing - I'm sure we've all had a bad driver incident, and possibly as recently as today. Most of the time I just shake my head and do some cussing. Today was different!

So, I'm out for a nice little family ride with my wife and 11 yr old son today and we're cruising around Friendly Hills and some lady in a BMW zoomed around us and dove back in in front of me. I estimate that she missed me by 3 or 4 inches, it was close. License plate "I TARRY" and that's when it hit me, the same jackass did the same thing to me 2 weeks ago when I was ALSO riding with my wife and son on residential side streets and ALSO missed me by about 3 or 4 inches in an intersection.

Who puts custom plates on their car and then drives like a jerk?

SO naturally, I took off, saw what street they turned up and pulled into her driveway.

Quoth I: Do you realize you almost ran me over?

She: I did no such thing!

Me: You missed me by about 3 inches!

Long story short, she said I can't ride in roads unless I'm going the speed of cars, she said she honked before she passed us, said cyclists run red lights and stop signs all the time and I said - Lady: all I'm asking is that you give me more room when you're passing. We're not talking about other people running stop signs, we're talking about you almost hitting me. I actually didn't yell or curse during this whole interaction, which I reckon makes me eligible for sainthood any day now.

Then she went mental and started screaming and cursing, and said her husband has dementia and she can't deal with all this.

She shut the garage door and I left. See if you can figure out which house belongs to the obnoxious aggressive driver: Bike Ride Profile | Family near death experience near Whittier | Times and Records | Strava

So I checked when I got home and I know THREE people who live on that street and since she's on the HOA mailing list, I know exactly who it is.

Interesting side bar - my wife said it was a man driving the car a few weeks ago when he almost whacked me in an intersection, so I guess her dementiated husband is still driving. Yay for all of us.

That is all. Where's Mayday? He's usually the victim of bad driving in Whittier. I wish he were still riding around here so he could soak up all the bad driving incidents.