Old 04-27-14, 08:10 PM
aprieto28

Bikes: Kuwahara Tandem, Centurion Ironman, Rossin, De bernardi, Schwinn Paramount, Giubilato, Gitane TDF, Medici, Scott Solice.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts

I got this new bike about 4 months ago ( Rodriguez Rainier ). It's considered an all-rounder, more of a relaxed geometry verses racing geometry. Reynoldl 725 tubing. Triple crank, 50-39-30. 10 speed 11-30 cassete. Tires are 700X23 When I say I adjusted this and that, it was only the stem height and seat position. I want to experiment with the handle bar height. I feel alittle to upright when i'm on the hoods. however, i feel like i'm in an agressive yet comfortable position when i'm on the drops. I can stay on the drops for a long time w/o neck of back pain. The problem with the stem height is that I can't get the handlebars off of the stem without cutting it first ( too high ) or loosening all brake and derailer cables. I'm not experienced enough to cut the fork stem ans reinstall the cables my self. When I say i'm a RECREATIONAL rider, I don't mean I'm a slug. I've been riding for 25 yrs. I'm 60 yrs old 190 lbs and loosing weight. I average about 150-200 miles per week in rolling terrain. I try and push myself on each ride. just rode about 80 miles today, no pain and felt pretty good afterwards. I do want to be the best I can be on this type of bike, ( fast centuries and better climbing ability )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
001.jpg (105.7 KB, 62 views)